I got nothin'

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Work, Eat, Sleep, repeat

An unusual thing about days that repeat themselves: sometimes it can be kind of comforting.

That was yesterday. It went kind of blissful, in the sort of mechanical way that perhaps... a cold efficient factory might be. Everything was in its place and went according to the plan. No birds in the window. No butterfly in front of a bike. No speeding car in Africa.

Very much just waiting. Something to come along. Like sitting on the beach, listening to the waves crash by, waiting for the sun to set.

But then there are days like today. That start with a paper cut. So that all day, it is amazingly difficult to type. I'm not even sure it was a paper cut. I didn't even handle really any paper at all.

And so it began with a search. For a band-aid. And of course, medical is closed. I thought security would have one. And after 10 minutes of extensive searching through comprehensive first aid kits twice the size of any of my luggage back home, the guard finally handed me the band-aid. By which time, I might as well have gone across the street and bought some at one of the ubiquitous CVS pharmacies.

Incidentally Ivy showed up at security. One of the interns I met through another intern over the summer. She didn't really seem to acknowledge me much. I think I semi-made it awkward by hanging around to say hi, but then she was busy trying to get something done with security and I already bandaged my index finger. So I left.

And the rest of the day just kinda... was. Work, Eat, Sleep, and tomorrow, repeat. Until I'm out of a job. At which point I will just eat and sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home