I got nothin'

Monday, July 10, 2006

Repost: Monique

I haven't got much today. Shot part of my story today and it wasn't quite as exciting as I thought it would be. But I kind of dug myself into it, so I might as well finish it. At least I get to learn from my mistakes and more about picking stories to do, which I think is something I really need to work on. I also finished editing the rodeo stuff, it's also not that great and it's on the newsroom server at the moment, so I will put some up later.

In the meantime (ain't it always the case? maybe I should just post every thing a few days after the fact and treat it as some that happened yesterday?), here's a repost of the stuff on Monique I did a week or so back that I posted over at livejournal. Everyone who's seen it seems to like it a lot. The subject is really cool. But I think I could've done a better job on it.

Originally posted June 25, 2006 on livejournal:

Here're some pics from a story on Monique, who stands at about two feet tall, and who is also an artist and scholar student. Check out the article on the News and Record website, the article is by Tina Firesheets, called "Life on a different scale." Captions later... maybe... if I feel like it... haha...













3 Comments:

  • okay, since i'm trying (and failing) to teach myself html i must ask you this: how do you get your pictures to be different sizes? and how do you arrange them them so creatively on your blog? i really like the layout. i have no control whatsoever over how mine ends up looking. i can't decipher nada on the template. heh. oh well. i do like that monique story.

    By Blogger chut, at 12:47 AM  

  • ricky! you're doing such a great job. highfivebabygirl. i hope you're having a great time rockin' your internship. let me know how things are going.

    By Blogger Alison Yin, at 12:55 AM  

  • I enjoyed these photos of Monique, Rick. It's such a pleasure to see creative people at work, and to see people in the context of their abilities, not their disabilities. Thanks Rick.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home