I got nothin'

Monday, September 01, 2008

An Extended Weekend Spent.... Where did it go?

A bird flew into my window today. Thud.

I thought the guys moving in next door threw something at me.

I didn't know what to do.

My first instinct was to look for first aid gloves so I could try to take care of it.

But then I remembered that I used up my last pair a while ago in Africa when Nick got hit by a car.

And I didn't want to catch illness from it. Not so much that I would get sick but people who interact with me might.

In retrospect, I should've done something.

It's always like that, isn't it?

In retrospect.

If I had only known.

So instead, on the only side of the glass. I hoped that it was only stunned. That it would get up and fly away.

It was still breathing. Then he spread his wings and almost stood up.

And as sudden as he moved, he stopped. He folded his wings to his side and blinked one last time. He gave up. Content to accept the fate that was handed to him by the window. Where he saw an opportunity and a entrance to another world, only death awaits.

And I just watched.

And the 4-day weekend was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home