I got nothin'

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I am not dead, heels and moving forward

Starting off with an assignment:



Taking this photo was a chore. I didn't want anybody to model the shoes cause I'd take a long time and the idea of looking at someone's feet for more than 5 minutes kind of creeps me out. But the placement of the shoes were hard too, cause they look kind of awkward in the first place and look really weird no matter how I arrange them. So I finally found this placement that looked ok, but it was really hard to get it to stay. (hey, that rhymes.) Anyway, hope it looks ok.

Now that that's over, I can be egotistical and talk about myself.

So I got back from Corolla, N.C., a few days ago, the beach was very relaxing and it was really awesome to spend time with my best friend. He actually came home with me and I feel kind of bad not getting this week off too to hang out with him more. But I got Thursday and Friday off so I'll take him home then and be gone for a bit again. (rhyme again?)

The beach was actually kind of crowded, but still fun, full of jetskiing goodness, sunbathing, getting buried in the sand and most importantly, delicious homecooking and Dynasty Warriors 4. I went to a beach near Sunset Beach, N.C., with Andy a few months ago, it was really nice cause no one was there. Photos of both beaches later.

Nutshell:
-Don't burn yourself with a candle. Especially before going to the beach. Especially with a fake candle, one of those with a lightbulb in the shape of a flame.
-Jig-saw puzzles are fun, but don't get ones with oddly shaped pieces and about 700 pieces of the same shade and color.
-Jetskis hurt your butt when going over 60 mph.
-Fincastle's burgers are the hottness.
-Superman Returns doesn't have anything after the credits like X3 does.
-Spiderman 3 is coming out next May and it looks awesome.
-P.F. Chang's is good good food. (rhyme!)

Freaky meetings:
John (My best friend from elementary school who moved to Georgia in the middle of fifth grade.) and I stopped in Raleigh on the way back from the beach, just like we did two years ago, and visited Kate. No horny goat weed, arbor myst, jayzz, juvenile delinquent center nor crappy karaoke this time, though...

Then the conincidences began. As we entered her apartment, she called out "Davis." And lo and behold, there was Davis, who went to high school with me. The night before, they had a party, and Clarke was there, who also went to high school with Davis and me. He also goes to college with John. And then Charles came up in conversation, who went to high school with Clarke, Davis and me, and who also went to elementary school with John and me. So yeh it was a freaky little web of connections and I am totally confused now with so many names... I am my own grandpa?

Moving forward:
I was driving home to lunch today and I discovered that it was a little hard to switch my perception to the car being still and everything moving around it. But I managed it for a second and it totally freaked me out. But it was kind of trippy and awesome. Whee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home