I got nothin'

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some meaning to the Title. And no pink today, but one.

I only saw one person wear pink today.

That was my main thought of the day. This should make more sense when I tell you that I use Head and Shoulders to wash my hair. (I couldn't find a link to the commercials... but hopefully you know what I'm talking about. If not, watch more TV.)

Before I go any further, I should put in a plug for my work... So here it is, my work of the day:

It's an older one, but hey, it's been a while since I posted anything. And my portfolio site isn't really to grace the world just yet. The new version anyway...

And now, back to the regularly scheduled programming:

I got a message from a friend a few hours ago who said she found my blog and thought it was amusing. And I was glad. A) that people (or person...) actually read it. and B) I at least entertained one person in my life. I'm not as boring as I thought, eh?

But that raised also some concerns, which evidently is what I named this blog "I got nothin'".

No, I'm not trying to belittle myself or say I have no talent and thereby either drive potential employers away or passive-aggressively try to guilt you into giving me a job. (But hey, if it works, I'll take it.)

But really, when I first started, I tried to come up with a purpose for the blog. And, seriously, I got nothin'. So that's what I named it.

But thoughts and dreams, I guess that's what I want this blog to be. I'll try not to go into the what I had for lunch or dinner, or where I went shopping today.

And I'll try to keep it short. And regular.

I'm half an hour late today, though. I wanted to post on all even days. But I left my keys at work. But I also wanted to post on 9/11. So I guess now I killed 2 birds with one stone.

Well, this post totally did not go how it was planned out in my head 2 hours ago. It was much more articulate and witty. I was also going to tie in some current events and some actually important and relevant things to give more purpose to my blog. But alas, it's already 1230am.

So let me quickly end by answering my friend's question:
I am looking for other opportunities right now. My current employer may not continue my contract, though he may give me freelance work.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home