I got nothin'

Friday, July 07, 2006

Waiting for the moment and the moment is gone.

So my first attempt at actually shooting baseball for the paper took place last night.

Greensboro Grasshoppers catcher Andrew Jenkins catches a foul ball popped up by Greenville's Logan Sorensen during the third inning. Friday, July 7, 2006. First Horizon Park. Greensboro, N.C.


It wasn't all that bad. A lot of waiting. And then everything happens and I miss it.

I got to play around with the 400mm F/2.8 lens though. It was really heavy and really cool. I wore my new bike gloves to carry it so I don't get calluses on my hands... did I spell that right?

I like my new bike gloves. I got a new bike. I don't really know how to ride a bike. Starting to learn though... Maybe I'll put up a pic of the bike later.

So back to baseball. I thought baseball games last forever, but I only shot an hour of it and then rushed to get it edited and sent off for the 930 deadline (game started at 7). But by the time I was done and packing up, the game was over. I guess it's shorter than I thought it was.

Anyway, here's another photo of the game that's decent:

Greensboro Grasshoppers designated hitter Trent D'Antonio signals safe, but is called out after Greenville Drive third baseman Tony Granadillo applied the tag. D'Antonio had a double and two walks in the Grasshoppers' 5-2 victory. 'Everyone has a different approach,' said D'Antonio, 'and I tried to get back early and see the ball as long as I could.'


This guy ran into another guy on the way to third, it was a huge collision and the other guy fell flat on his face. It looked wicked cool. Except I totally missed it, even though I was following D'Antonio the whole time. Fk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home