I got nothin'

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My name is

I woke up one day, and my name did not feel like my name.

I could not identify with it. It just felt very detached from me.

It was actually semi-scary, to not be attached to a name.

It sort of feel like I was falling out of the reality I knew.

But really, isn't my name just a construction of society? I mean, the name most people know me by isn't really my name. And who knows if my name is really my name. It could've been something else and no one ever told me.

I am reminded of a story from somewhere, where it was said that to know the name of something or someone is to have power (Egyptian, Celtic, Arthurian legends. You could say it's also hinted at in Christian beliefs.) over them. So to avoid potential tragedy, you'd never reveal your real name. In fact (or fiction), some people don't even know their own real names. And so there were also stories I've read from I dunno where, in which people search for their own names.

So that was my attempt at some vital information like with Lori Beth DenBerg, for your everyday life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home